Lookout Tower Lindisfarne
Conversion of a 1940’s Coast Guard tower to allow visitors to enjoy spectacular views over the island, estuary, Farne Islands, Lindisfarne National Natural Reserve and the Castle. The previous upper floor was completely removed to be replaced by a fully glazed lantern, a new staircase was installed and masonry repairs were carried out to the main stone structure.
Client: Natural England and The Holy Island of Lindisfarne Community Development Trust
Location: Holy Island
Status: Completed 2013
Architect: ICOSIS Architects